WAZO & WMFD
Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Giveaway 2014
by Pat’s Auto Service Center
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure 2014 Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open only to legal U.S. and North Carolina residents who reside or work within the Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, and Pender counties and who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry.Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prizes are non-transferable. Employees of Z107.5, ESPN AM630 and 95.9FM, Sunrise Broadcasting, LLC or Capitol Broadcasting Company, Pat’s Auto Service Center and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Giveaway Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Giveaway or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed.
3. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The contest entry period begins on July 9, 2014 at 8:00a.m. and ends on August 6, 2014 on or before 5:00pm.
There are three methods to qualify.
Method 1: Participants must listen to WAZO Z107.5 and each day Monday – Friday (ending on Wednesday August 6, 2014 on or before 5:00p.m.) listen for the Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Sounder which will air up to four times a day in the 8am., 11am., 1pm and 4 pm hours. Caller number five (5) after the sounder airs will be qualified for the Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Giveaway. There will be a total of 64 qualifiers chosen by this method.
Method 2: Participants must listen to WMFD 95.9FM or AM630 each day, Monday-Friday (ending on Wednesday August 6, 2014 on or before 5:00pm) listen for the Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Sounder, which will air up to one time a day in the 3pm hour. Caller number one (1) after the sounder airs will be qualified for the Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Giveaway. There will be a total of 21 qualifiers chosen by this method.
Method 3: All eligible participants may also enter during the contesting period by filling out a registration form at Pat’s Auto Service Center 5009 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC July 9 through August 5 during normal business hours. On August 6, thirty qualifiers will be drawn from the entry boxes and notified via email or telephone providing either is provided. Failure to provide an email address or telephone number may disqualify a contestant. There will be a total of thirty qualifiers chosen by this method.
Method 4: You may also enteronline until August 5, 2014 at 5pm at www.z1075.com or www.espnwilmington.com and click on the Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Giveaway ad/link and then scroll down to the “enter online link”. This will open an entry form to complete. There willbe thirty-five qualifiers chosen at random from this online entry method and notified via email on August 6, if email address is provided. Failure to provide an email address or telephone number may disqualify a contestant.
A maximum of 150 qualifiers will be selected.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted. The qualification entry period for the on air method ends after the last sounder is aired on August 6, 2014 no later than 5:00 p.m. The qualification entry period for registration at Pat’s Auto Service Center ends at the close of business on August 5, 2014. The qualification entry period for online qualifiers ends no later than 5:00 p.m. August 5, 2014. Entrants entering by phone will be charged standard phone call rates for calls according to the terms and conditions in their calling plan. Wireless services are not available in all areas.
4. HOW TO WIN: All eligible qualifiers will be invited to participate in the Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure giveaway event on August 9, 2014 1:00 p.m. until about 3:00 p.m.at Pats Auto Service Center 5009 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC. All qualifiers must check in beginning at 1:00 p.m. and be checked in with Z and ESPN staff no later than 2:00 p.m. Failure to arrive by 2:00 p.m. will result in disqualification. Sponsors will attempt to contact Qualifiers prior to the Giveaway Event to remind them of the time and location of the Giveaway Event by email or phone if no email address is available. The Giveaway Event will be held rain or shine, by the sole discretion of WAZO and WMFD. WAZO and WMFD reserves the right, by its sole discretion, to cancel, postpone, delay, or reschedule the Giveaway Event, in whole or in part, for weather-related reasons or for any other condition that so merits for reasons relating to health or safety, in WAZO and WMFD’s sole discretion. WAZO and WMFD’s decision to cancel, postpone, delay, reschedule, or continue the Giveaway Event is discretionary and final. Qualifiers must be present to win. Stand-ins are not permitted. When a qualifier checks in they will be given a name tag and staff will drop a slip of paper bearing the qualifier’s name into a registration box for a drawing. The Giveaway Event is expected to begin at around 2pm, but may be delayed due to weather or other conditions. After all qualifiers have been signed in, WAZO and WMFD staff will then begin a random drawing of the raffle tickets (slips of paper bearing qualifiers’ names). When a raffle ticket is pulled, that qualifier’s name will be called, and that person will then have the opportunity to choose a key from a bowl. There will be a total of twenty (20) keys that open a door handle. Once there are twenty (20) finalists with the twenty (20) keys that open the door handle, they will then have the opportunity to choose another key from a bowl. There will be one key that will open the deadbolt on the door. The finalist who opens the deadbolt wins Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Giveaway.
The winner will be required to sign and return appropriate forms and/or documentation, including without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsors any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release and/or where legally permissible, a publicity release prior to receipt of prize. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification of such winner and forfeiture of the prize.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Giveaway constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsors to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, and offline), each Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
6. TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: Travel arrangements for the winner of the Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Giveaway will be made by Sponsors and the winner must take the trip by July 30, 2015. The Winner must communicate the names of the four travel partners to Sponsors by August 30, 2014. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the prize. Winner may elect to receive $2,500 cash in the form of a check in lieu of the trip. Election must be communicated to WAZO/WMFD by August 15, 2014.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be offered the following prizes. Total approximate retail value is $2,500.
· Travel Expenses for four (4) from Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, or Pender counties to Grand Father Mountain. (ARV:$500)
· Lodging at Grand Father Mountain, NC for four (4) for four nights. (ARV:$750) ***Winner must meet credit and suitability guidelines of the lodge***
· Activity Expenses for four (4) (ARV:$1250). Changes in the cancellations of any related events are beyond the control of Sponsors.
Winners subject to verification. No prize substitutions by winner. Prize is non-transferable by winners. If for reasons that are beyond the control of WAZO Z107.5, and WMFD 95.9FM and AM630, the prize is not available for fulfillment as laid out above, WAZO and WMFD reserves the right to offer the Grand Prize winner a prize of equal prize value of the prize listed above. To claim prize, winner(s) will be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification, acceptable to Sponsors in its sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the sole discretion of Sponsors if the prize, or any component thereof, is unavailable for any reason. Failure to claim prize by deadline may result in forfeiture of prize.
8. ODDS: Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the on air method (Method 1) depend on the number of listeners participating and the order in which calls are received. Due to the time delay that exist between WAZO and WMFD’s over-the-air signal and WAZO and WMFD’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the webcast may hear the “Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Giveaway later than listeners listening to the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener becoming a qualifier may be diminished.
Odds of becoming a qualifier through the other methods depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Odds of a Qualifier becoming the Grand Prize Winner depend upon the number of qualifiers who attend the giveaway event.
9. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Giveaway will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Giveaway. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event selected Winner(s) of the Prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if such selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may select an alternate Winner (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner(s) must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner(s).
10. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Giveaway, the Sponsors reserve the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Giveaway Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website; and (iii) are not responsible for any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Giveaway. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.z1075.com or www.espnwilmington.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sunrise Broadcasting LLC, Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Rules, 25 North Kerr Ave, Wilmington, NC 28405. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by August 30, 2014 to Sunrise Broadcasting, LLC, Pat’s Ultimate Mountain Adventure Winners, 25 North Kerr Ave, Wilmington, NC 28405.
11. SPONSORS: Z 107.5/ ESPN AM630 & 95.9FM /Sunrise Broadcasting 25 North Kerr Ave., Wilmington, NC 28405. Pat’s Auto Service Center.